Sunday, June 20, 2010

Glam Punk






Only a few people know this about me, but I was a punk rocker when I was a teenager and living in Paris. I don't mean whatever "Goth" is, (that came much later, but not for me) I mean Corrosion of Conformity, Dead Kennedy's, and Firehouse punk. It was gritty, fun and I loved the clothes and music; not to mention my very first boyfriend was the guitarist in the band White Cross. (Do I really want to remember this?) I was really happy this season when I saw a lot of punk influences coming back in fashion. The spikey bracelets and jewelry, cigarette jeans, and crazy hair. It reminds me of a much more carefree time and attitude. And no, I never had a mohawk...but not for lack of wanting one. Patricia Field, you're still one of my heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment